Note:  Although we have made every attempt to make these responses accurate, we reserve the right to be human and make an error. If you see something that does not appear to fit your understanding, please contact a member of the Board of Directors to have your concern(s) addressed.

Board of Directors
  • What does 'HOA' stand for?
    'HOA' stands for homeowner's association. The Deer Path Homeowner's Association Inc. is a legal entity that each property owner in the community becomes a member of when they agree to buy their home. The association is responsible for the upkeep of the common areas, financial management, covenant and rule enforcement, and management of the neighborhood.
  • Why is there a homeowner's association Board of Directors?
    The board of directors is required by the Deer Path CCRs and the Articles of Incorporation. These documents stipulate that there be elected board members who each serve one-year terms. In the absence of elected board members, others can be appointed to serve the remainder of the open seat's term.
  • Who can serve on the Board of Directors?
    Anyone can serve as a Director as long as they are in good standing with the HOA. Individuals who volunteer their time to run for the Board of Directors or to serve on a committee are people who have the time to serve the community and are well informed about the legal documents for Deer Path. This service is strictly voluntary and there is no compensation for one's efforts except for the fruits of his/her labors shown at the end of the year.
  • Who votes and when do they vote for the officers of the homeowner's association?
    The annual HOA meeting takes place each year. The board of directors and the property management company will determine a date and will notify all homeowners of the meeting.  All homeowners who are present or by proxy are eligible to vote on matters concerning association business, including election of officers. In general, renters and non-community members are not eligible to vote or serve on the board of directors.
  • What are the responsibilities of the Board of Directors?
    The Deer Path HOA Board of Directors consists of homeowners democratically elected by other homeowners. Elections to the Board are held at the Deer Path HOA annual meeting, and members typically serve one-year terms.
    As in other forms of representative government (federal, state and local), the association members elect persons whom they believe will devote the time and will best represent their interests. The Board representatives have a fiduciary duty to use good business judgment and to put the best interests of the entire community ahead of their own personal interests.
    The Board is empowered to make all of the operational decisions affecting the community association, with the exception of certain powers which are specified in the governing documents and reserved exclusively for the membership (such as approval of special assessments or increases to annual assessments above a particular amount, or election and removal of directors).
    The Board is required to comply with all mandates cited in the governing documents, and should represent the collective needs and desires of the membership. The Board usually has the authority to determine the broad range of quality and quantity of services provided by or for the association. For example, if the governing documents state the association shall be responsible for the maintenance of the grounds, the Board may either select a contractor to perform a minimal level of service, or hire a full-time on-site grounds crew to provide the highest level of care - choices which result in a correspondingly wide-range of costs to members.
    One of the most important functions of the Board is to establish the organizational structure for the community association. The organizational structure determines a chain of command to specifically assign the tasks and duties of the community association to a management team and committees of the Board. The management team may consist of a combination of volunteers, paid employees, or a contract management company and its subsidiary firms. Once established, the organizational structure should not be changed unless significant improvements or changes are needed.
    The Board is ultimately responsible for the oversight of the community association ("the buck stops with the Board"). Although the Board may retain and delegate some of its duties to volunteers, contractors and professionals, the Board is still ultimately responsible for the duties it may have assigned to others.
  • Who are my Board of Directors, and how do I contact them?
    The 2014 Board of Directors includes Eric Morrow, Jeremy Sprouse, Jennifer Adamany, Todd Atkinson and Edwin Carter, all Deer Path homeowners. The best way to reach them is via their Deer Path HOA e-mail addresses. Additionally, for homeowner or association issues you can contact the property manager directly. You can call Chad Ertel at 558-5351 or you can email them at certel@ekirkpatrick.com. If you prefer, you can also put your request, issue or concern in writing to the management company.
  • Do board members receive compensation for their work?
    Board members are volunteers, and do not receive any compensation for their time. If they incur expenses for the association, they can ask to be reimbursed.
  • What does it take to change the covenants?
    Permanent changes to the covenants can only be made upon consent of two-thirds of all homeowners. Once consent is obtained, moreover, an attorney has to draft a new set of documents, and record the amended documents with the Hamilton County Recorder.

Changing Your Property
  • How do I replace my mailbox?
    Your mailbox and post must match the others on your street.  Mailbox Solutions 317-460-1010 or Otto's Mailbox Solutions 800-888-7996 are vendors ready to help you.
  • What is Architectural Control?
    Architectural control restrictions are designed to maintain the aesthetic harmony of the community, and to protect property values. When a community was first constructed, it likely conveyed a certain look and feel to provide design consistency - which made it easy for the initial developer to market the community to prospective homeowners. Over time, residents will make modifications to the exteriors of their homes - whether necessary or not - such as changing the paint color or roofing materials, and the addition of landscaping, fences, decks, and play areas. Without an architectural standard, these gradual changes can easily affect the appearance of the community. Even for condominium owners, they may wish to change the color of their door, or paint their balconies a unique color. These gradual changes may be perceived as weakening the spirit of common design and neighborhood aesthetic, which can then affect property values.
    Appearance is not only limited to upgrades or changes, but also to neglect. Not everyone takes pride in the appearance of their home and yard. Imagine how you would feel to live next door to a home where the grass was not cut and the landscaping consisted of dead bushes, paint that is peeling on the house, and an old trailer with a torn tarp parked in the street. Architectural control standards help ensure that this situation does not happen with your neighbors, so that everyone's property values are protected.
  • What types of items require review by the board?
    Board review and approval is required for any exterior changes, including additions or modifications to the original home structure. If you are thinking of installing or replacing a fence, repairing or adding a sunroom, building a backyard deck, adding a shed, or making other modifications to the home structure you must obtain approval from the architectural review committee before work begins. This is to ensure that all work complies with the original design and scheme of the community, and to help maintain everyone's property values.
    If you are unsure whether pre-approval is necessary, it is best to check with the entire board or our property manager first. Changes/modifications that do not comply with the community's design and scheme will be addressed by the board, and may result in litigation.
  • How can I make an architectural request?
    Architectural request forms can be printed from this website, or downloaded onto your computer for future use. This form is located on our documents page. If you prefer, you can also obtain a form from our property manager. To do so please contact Chad Ertel or Mary Richardson at 570-4358; or via e-mail at certel@ekirkpatrick.com and mrichardson@ekirkpatrick.com
  • What can I expect if I change something without prior approval?
    The board's desire is to work with the homeowner to prevent problems from surfacing. However, the following procedures have been developed in case they are needed:
    • If a covenant violation or unapproved change is observed by the board of directors or the property manager, the property manager will send a letter to the homeowner, giving him/her time to correct the violation(s).
    • If the violation(s) is not corrected then two additional letters are sent to the homeowner, giving him/her additional time to correct the violation(s).
    • If the violation(s) remains uncorrected after the third letter, the matter may be turned over to the association's attorney, who will send a letter with an invoice for his time to the homeowner.
    • Once the homeowner receives notification from the association's attorney, s/he may be required to pay the attorney's fees, and correct the violation.
  • When selling my home, who should I contact at the property management company?
    Kirkpatrick Management provides customers a Resale Department with a team of individuals whose main objective is to help you and your buyer complete the sale in a timely manner. If you would like an account statement to determine if any dues are outstanding; would like more information; or need assistance as you prepare to sell your home give us a call.
  • I want to install a fence on my property. Can I do this?
    Section 6.27 Fences of the Deer Path CCRs provide the official guidance on fences allowed in the community. Prior to fence installation homeowners must submit and receive approval from the Architectural Committee [form].
    Additionally, the City of Noblesville has fence permitting requirements. To apply for a fence permit, homeowners should visit the Noblesville Planning Department (16 S. 10th Street; Noblesville) to obtain a permit application and waiver. Completed applications should be returned to the Planning Department, along with the following items: (1) a notarized copy of the waiver (note: most banks provide notary services); (2) a copy of your plot with the fence location sketched on it; (3) the current recorded deed record (can be obtained from the Hamilton County Recorder); and (4) a $25 application fee. If you do not have a copy of the plot you can obtain this from the Planning Department once you provide your address and/or lot number.
    Easements:  According to the Hamilton County Surveyor's Office, homeowners must determine if their property has any easements on it. If the easements are regulated, then homeowners must contact the Hamilton County Surveyor’s Office (317.776.8495) for the requirements to place the fence within the easement. If the easement is for a County Regulated Drain, any encroachment into the easement must be approved by the Drainage Board. If not, homeowners should consult the planning jurisdiction where they live.

Community Features
  • Where is your community located?
    The three communities that comprise Deer Path (Preserve at Deer Path, Enclave at Deer Path, and the Meadows of Shelbourne at Deer Path) are located on SR 238 (Greenfield Avenue), approximately two miles west of I-69, and between Boden Road and Summer Road. Deer Path is located in Hamilton County, Wayne Township, and within the City of Noblesville.
  • What are some features of your homes?
    For more information on available home models and amenities, please contact Beazer Homes or Centex Homes directly or contact your realtor.
  • What are the typical homeowner responsibilities in your community?
    When someone purchases a home in Deer Path, a deed restriction on that property provides that the property owner automatically becomes a member of the Deer Path Homeowners Association, and continues to be a member of the association until they no longer own the property.
    Just as the homeowners association has certain responsibilities to its members, the members also have certain legal responsibilities to the homeowners association. These responsibilities can typically be categorized into three areas
    • Comply with deed restrictions in the governing documents and rules & regulations adopted by the Board
    • Comply with the architectural control restrictions
    • Pay the homeowners proportionate share of the expenses to operate the association.
  • What services does the association provide?
    Property Management: The property manager is the primary point of contact for most homeowner issues. This person can help the homeowner with architectural requests, billing questions, and other homeowner inquiries. The property manager also obtains bids and provides oversight during contract negotiations for capital improvements in the community.
    Common Area Maintenance: The association is responsible for fertilization of common areas, treatment of any lakes, mowing and replanting of the grass and trees when necessary, and maintenance of any other improvement within the Common Area, including any pool.
    Signage: The association is responsible for maintenance of any entrance signs; permanent subdivision identification sign; trails, mounding, and landscaping installed by the association in any common area; landscape easement; landscape maintenance easement; or landscape maintenance access easement.
    Street Lights: The association is responsible for maintenance of any street lights installed by the association, and which are not located on any lot.
    Board of Directors Meetings: Once a year the property manager will conduct the annual Deer Path Homeowners Meeting. Special meetings will also be called as the need arises, such as for community concerns, special assessments, etc.
  • How many homes does your community have?
    Collectively the Deer Path communities currently have over 1,300 homes. The master plan calls for a total of 1,600 homes when fully developed.
  • How much are your association dues?
    Our current association dues are $300 annually, payable on January 1 of each year. Dues are considered late if not paid by March 15.
  • Does your community have a clubhouse?
    Currently no, but we are considering building one.
  • Does your community have a pool?
    Yes. Deer Path also employs a professional pool management company with monitors and/or lifeguards who are present at the pool during pool hours; who help maintain the pool and surrounding facilities; and who enforce official pool rules and help maintain order among and for the pool patrons.
  • Can the shelter at the park be used for private events?
    Technically, the shelter house can be used for private use by any resident on a first come basis.  If you plan to hold an event such as a birthday party, you will need to notify the Board of Directors.  It will be asked that you provide the reason for the use, as well as the date and times you will be using it.  It is expected that the homeowner that is responsible for the event, clean up all trash, and leave it in the shape it was in before you used it.  You can contact the emorrow@deerpathhoa.org for more information.  You can reserve the shelter by clicking the Deer Path Reservations link on the left side of page. 
  • What is the purpose of retention ponds in Deer Path?
    New subdivisions such as Deer Path are required to detain stormwater runoff in wet ponds or dry basins. They also may serve other needs such as providing dirt for house pads to serving as amenities. Storm water that collects into retention areas is released at a slower rate. The purpose is to keep downstream land from being flooded out.
    Additionally, ponds built in new Hamilton County Regulated Drain subdivisions are required to have a safety ledge within the ponds to help promote safety. A safety ledge is either a 10' wide shelf submerged about 18" or a 10' wide 5:1 slope submerged around the perimeter of the pond.
  • How can I request more information?
    Additional information is available from our property manager, or by contacting the board of directors.
  • Do you have any homes for sale?
    With around 1500 homes, there are always homes on the market.  Please contact a realtor or any realtor website for a complete listing.

Living in Deer Path
  • Can I advertise my business to Deer Path?
    Yes, we have 2 options that we offer businesses to advertise.  Advertising can be done on the www.deerpathhoa.org website, Deer Path Facebook Page, and our community newsletter.  Please email newsletter@deerpathhoa.org for more information.
  • As a Deer Path resident, how can I get more involved in the community?
    Whether you've lived in Deer Path for many years or are relatively new, there are ample opportunities to learn more about this place we call home, get to know others better, and become an active participant in community life. One of the best ways to jump right in is to become a member of one or more Deer Path committees.
    Given the size of Deer Path, committees are the most effective way to organize and make sure community items are acted upon and managed. Several committees exist today, and others are surely needed. If you have new ideas or suggestions please please contact the HOA to have them addressed.
    Current committees in Deer Path include....
    Pool Committee: This committee consists of parents and homeowners interested in helping monitor the pool and ensure the pool is used according to guidelines. Committee volunteers will be required to monitor the pool under much the same guidelines as the pool monitor hired by the management company. To learn more about the pool committee or how you can get involved, please e-mail the committee members via e-mail at thepool@deerpathhoa.org.
    Park/Common Area Committee: This committee will be responsible for cleaning trash out of the common areas and park in order to keep the neighborhood presentable. A recent suggestion was also made to rent a dumpster in the spring, and for committee volunteers to help clear trash and debris from common areas and "no mow" areas where trash and litter have been found, and where discarded construction materials have been left by the builder and/or contractors.
    Crime Watch: Volunteers to this committee will set up and manage the neighborhood crime watch program according to police guidelines. The best approach for a neighborhood the size of Deer Path is for the neighborhood watch to be organized on a street level basis. Any larger and we risk not being able to meet quorum guidelines due to less concerned/uninvolved streets. For more information on current crime watch efforts, please visit the Crime Watch page of this website. The Deer Path Crime Watch Coordinator can be reached via e-mail at crimewatch@deerpathhoa.org.
    Community Organization/Social: This committee will be able to set up neighborhood garage sales, egg hunts, block parties, community socials, etc. For example, some homeowners have expressed interest in assisting with a neighborhood garage sale and already have access to the needed signs. To learn more about social events or how to get involved, please e-mail the Social Committee at socialcommittee@deerpathhoa.org.
  • Is there a Deer Path community newsletter?
    The neighborhood has recently put out a newsletter after a 3 year hiatis.  The intention is to continue this practice at the minimum of 4 per year.  The newsletter will always be available for viewing on deerpathhoa.org on the Meetings page.  If you are interested in advertising in the newsletter or have suggestions on a topic, email newsletter@deerpathhoa.org.
  • What sort of social events does Deer Path host?
    For 2016, new volunteers are needed for the social committee. Past Deer Path community events have included a spring egg hunt, summer luau at the pool, spring community cleanup, fall community social, Best Decorated Home for the Holidays contest, etc. Our annual budget for social activities is approximately $2,000. Person(s) interested in leading the social committee should contact a member of the Board of Directors.
    Things to keep in mind when planning community events include (1) prior approval is needed from the Noblesville Police Department to block off or close streets in Deer Path because these are public streets and for public safety reasons; (2) ideally events should be inclusive of all or many demographics so as to have the broadest appeal and so all homeowners feel welcome and encouraged to attend; (3) ample lead time is preferred for event planning to accommodate homeowner notification and event publication.
    Additional suggestions and ideas are encouraged and welcomed!
  • When is the Deer Path Community Garage Sale?
    The Deer Path 2017 Fall community garage sale will be held on Friday-Saturday, Sept 15 and 16 from 9:00am-5:00pm on Friday and 8:00am-5:00pm Saturday.
    Please direct any questions or concerns to the event organizer at garagesales@deerpathhoa.org.
    NOTE:  A new Noblesville Sign Ordinance impacts how communities and homeowner associations can advertise for community garage sales. Communities need to apply for a permit to place signs at each community entrance, and the permit (once granted) will cover all entrances collectively. The cost for the permit to cover garage sale signage is $25, and a permit is needed for each sale. This means that Deer Path will need to apply for a permit in the spring, and again in the fall. This ordinance also limits the size of garage sale signs to 20 square feet. For more information on the Noblesville Sign Ordinance click here.
  • How can I obtain a copy of the Deer Path CCRs?
    If you did not receive a copy of the Deer Path Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions (CCRs) when you closed on your home, you can obtain an official copy of the Deer Path CCRs from the Hamilton County Recorder's Office. They are located in the Historic Courthouse Building in downtown Noblesville (33 N. 9th Street, Suite 309; 317.776.9618 or 317.776.9619). As a convenience to homeowners, a copy is also available on the Documents page, and the New Homeowner Info page of this website.
    As a Deer Path homeowner, when you purchased your home you became a member of the Deer Path Homeowners Association, and while you continue to be a Deer Path homeowner you are bound by the provisions of the Deer Path CCRs.
  • How can I obtain a pool access card?
    As a reminder, all homeowners are issued a pool access card granting access to the pool. Homeowners not in good standing with the HOA will have their cards deactivated, and the pool monitor is responsible for pool rule enforcement. Contact Chad with Kirkpatrick managment at certel@ekirkpatrick.com or call at 558-5351 to obtain a new or replacement card.  There is a $25.00 fee for replacement pool access cards.
  • When is trash collection day? How about Recycling?

    Friday is trash collection day. Residents may put up to four 30-gallon closed containers of trash (non-recyclables) in their usual collection spot, along with their recycling bin filled with recyclables. Trash must be placed at the curb by 7:00am.
    For more information about trash and curbside recycling, please click on the links below to be directed to the City of Noblesville website, or the Republic Waste Services website.
  • Are "For Rent" or "For Lease" signs allowed?
    According to the Declaration of Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions (CCRs) of Deer Path, Section 6.18 Sign Limitations, "No sign of any kind, other than those installed by the Declarant, the Association, or a Builder may be displayed to public view on any Lot, except that one sign with an area of not more than six (6) feet may be displayed with the purpose of advertising the Lot for sale."
    This means that "For Rent", "For Lease", "Rent to Own", and other signs are not permitted for display in the home's front yard, home's entryway, home's interior window(s), etc.  Homeowners are encouraged to report this sort of violation to the property manager or the Board of Directors, so we can keep on top of the issue, and keep rental or leasing agents and landlords apprised.
  • Are political signs allowed to be displayed in homeowner yards?
    Deer Path CCR Section 6.18 - Sign Limitations states that "No sign of any kind, other than those installed by Declarant, the Association, or a Builder, may be displayed to public view on any Lot, except that one sign with an area of not more than six (6) feet may be displayed with the purpose of advertising the Lot for sale."
    While not specifically referenced in this CCR, political yard signs are permitted around election time. The property manager will allow them to be displayed up to 30 days prior to the election, and 5 days after the election; but not as an ongoing advertisement of candidate support.
  • Are homeowners allowed to sell food or have a "food tent" during garage sales?
    Food Vendor Licenses: During the 2009 Deer Path spring garage sale it was reported that at least 1 homeowner had a “food tent” set up on their property to sell grilled food items, cotton candy, etc. According to the Hamilton County Health Department, per the IN Food Code, 410 IAC 7-24 (available online via the HCHD website), individuals cannot sell food that they either prepare or keep fresh in their own kitchen or on their own cooking equipment (i.e. - grill) for public consumption. This means that baked goods prepared in the homeowner's own kitchen, or hot dogs/hamburgers prepared in one's own kitchen or grilled/kept warm on one's own grill prior to consumption cannot be sold for public consumption. Individually wrapped food items purchased in bulk or purchased from a retail location such as a wholesale club or grocery store are OK (i.e. - bags of potato chips, individually wrapped snacks, etc.), and if a homeowner wants to sell canned soft drinks or other beverages out of a cooler the HCHD permits this.
  • Does the Noblesville Sign Ordinance apply if I am selling my home?
    Noblesville officials have loosened the city's real-estate sign restrictions to try to strengthen housing sales, but some realtors would like to see the city ease its standards even more. The City Council has decided to allow signs directing people to open houses. Only one directional sign can be placed at the neighborhood entrance from an hour before to an hour after the open house. In the past, signs could only be posted at the house being marketed. Directional signs are still banned in the right of way along streets or throughout neighborhoods.
    Realtors said the change is a step in the right direction but wish Noblesville would ease its restrictions even more to allow directional signs along the right of way or throughout neighborhoods -- especially considering the economy. With the housing market down, realtors say now's the time to help home sellers. 
    Signs have been a hot topic in Hamilton County. Fishers and Westfield are considering changes to their open-house sign policies. Both allow a limited number of directional signs throughout neighborhoods, and Westfield allows them in the right of way. Carmel bans directional signs all together. City Councilman Brian Ayer, also a Realtor, said it's unlikely Noblesville would further loosen its restrictions. He said city officials don't like the cluttered look of signs lining the streets. "If I had to make a decision to add more clutter or stick with no signs, I'd stick with no signs." He said the city must be careful when making changes to try to kick-start the economy. "I think we're here to do anything we can to support homeowners and the real-estate community, but I don't think we're here to impact the rest of our community based on the economy of today."
  • The Deer Path community pool is operated and maintained by the neighborhood association. Does the pool have to meet the public swimming pool standards enforced by the HCHD?
    Yes. 410 IAC 6-2.1-17 (The Public and Semi-Public Pools Rule) defines a Semi-Public Pool as "any pool that is intended to be used for swimming or bathing and is operated solely for and in conjunction with:
    1. schools, universities, and colleges;
    2. hotels, motels, apartments, condominiums, bed & breakfasts, or similar lodgings;
    3. camps or mobile home parks; or
    4. membership clubs or associations."
    Additionally, pool inspection reports are public record, and copies can be requested and obtained from the Hamilton County Health Department (18030 Foundation Drive, Suite A;  Noblesville, IN  46060;  317.776.8500).
  • How can I report a parking issue or concern?
    Over time numerous homeowners have voiced concerns sbout street parking, line of sight issues, cars blocking the sidewalk, etc. There was also discussion about these issues during one of the 2009 RD Meetings. The local ordinance applicable to these parking issues is outlined below:
    72.12 Stopping, Standing, or Parking Prohibited; No Signs Required
    No person shall stop, stand, or park a vehicle except when necessary to avoid conflict with other traffic or in compliance with law or the direction of a police officer or traffic-control device, in any of the following places: (1) On a sidewalk; (2) In front of or between sidewalk and curb or immediately opposite a public or private driveway; (3) Within an intersection; (4) Within 15 feet of a fire hydrant; (5) On a crosswalk; (6) Within 20 feet of a crosswalk; (7) Within 30 feet upon the approach to any intersection flashing beacon, stop sign, or traffic control signal located at the side of a roadway; (8) Within 20 feet of the driveway entrance to any fire station and on the side of a street opposite the entrance to any fire station within 75 feet of said entrance (when properly signposted); (9) On the roadway side of any vehicle stopped or parked at the edge or curb of a street; (10) Within 30 feet of any railway crossing; and (11) At any place where official signs or markings so designate.
    Anytime an issue like this arises (broken down cars, road safety, etc.) please call the Noblesville Police Department at 317.776.6340, and ask for a Community Service Officer to be sent to the incident location. Community Service Officers deal with these issues every day and quite frankly are better versed than most patrol officers in this area. Both NPD Community Service Officers work Monday through Friday 8:00-4:00pm and will look into parking and traffic safety issues such as these.
    Abandoned vehicles can also be reported to the Noblesville Police Department by calling 317.773.1300. Please note that when calling you might be asked why you suspect the vehicle is abandoned or what evidence you have to support this claim, and wrecked or damaged vehicles that are still driveable are not considered abandoned or in violation unless they are parked in front of a "No Parking" sign, blocking the sidewalk, or otherwise in violation of a city ordinance.
    Vehicles that are broken down, leaking fluids, or in disrepair can also be reported to a NPD Community Service Officer (Ron Louks or Charlie Jones) by calling 317.776.6340.
  • How can we reduce or minimize speeding in Deer Path?
    Regulations regarding speed bumps are set by the Noblesville Street Department, and speed bumps are not permitted in residential areas for several reasons, including (1) liability if a vehicle is damaged; (2) they provide an impediment to snow plows; (3) other potential liability.
    Typical speed limits in residential areas are set at 25 MPH, but any community can petition the Noblesville Street Department to have this reduced to 20 MPH.
    The Noblesville Police Department has a Traffic Unit, with two (2) officers who are assigned by need. If Deer Path wants an officer assigned in the community we can contact Lt. Bruce Barnes directly with our request. The NPD also has recording devices or “boxes” that can be mounted in a car (decoy) in a community, to monitor the speed and flow of traffic on a street. Often times when these are used the police find that traffic on the street in question is infrequent and sporadic, as are the driver speeds. We can contact Lt. Barnes to request this be done too.
    In July 2009 the Noblesville Engineering Department conducted a traffic study in Deer Path, on Follow Drive and Wolf Run Road, based on homeowner feedback and concerns with speeding on these streets. Based on this study, the Engineering Department recommended that Beazer Homes (developer) place four (4) 25mph speed limit signs along Wolf Run Road from Dry Creek to Follow Drive.
    To view the full report from the Noblesville Engineering Department click here.
    Additionally, in 2011 the Noblesville Police Department conducted speed studies on Dry Creek Road. To view each of these reports click on the links here.... (1) Report 1; (2) Report 2; (3) Report 3.
  • What are curfew hours for the City of Noblesville?
    According to the Noblesville Police Department (NPD), it is unlawful for a child 15, 16, or 17 years of age to be in a public place in the city at any time during the following curfew hours:
         (A) Between 1:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m. on Saturday or Sunday;
         (B) After 11:00 p.m. on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday; or
         (C) Before 5:00 a.m. on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday.


    It is unlawful for a child under 15 years of age to be in a public place in the city after 11:00 p.m. or before 5:00 a.m. on any day.
  • Why Are Solicitors Allowed in Deer Path If We Have "No Soliciting" Signage?
    "No Soliciting" signs at the entrance of Noblesville communities represent HOA rules, covenants, or guidelines, and are not enforceable by the Noblesville Police Department or municipal agencies.
    Per Noblesville City Ordinance, vendors must have a valid door-to-door permit to solicit in the city. In order to receive this permit, the Clerk-Treasurer’s office checks with the State of Indiana to verify that a vendor is allowed to sell in the state. The vendor must first have an Indiana Retail Merchants Permit in order to secure a City of Noblesville permit. The Clerk-Treasurer’s staff does notify each vendor who is approved for a permit that some Noblesville neighborhoods have “No Solicitation” policies.
    When a vendor comes to your door, you can ask to see their permit and identification. If the vendor cannot produce a valid door-to-door permit issued by the Noblesville Clerk-Treasurer's Office, or if the permit is not in the vendor’s name, then the vendor is in violation of city ordinance and the police can respond to tell the vendor to leave.
    The non-emergency number to the Noblesville Police Department dispatch center where residents can call to report such a violation is 317.773.1300. This is a 24 hour a day/ 7 day a week phone number.
  • What can I do if I see or have contact with a solicitor in Deer Path?
    In 2009 the "No Soliciting" signs were installed at all Deer Path community entrances. Additionally, during the February 2009 RD meeting we asked Lt. Barnes of the Noblesville Police Department if homeowners can or should call the police now when a solicitor comes to their door.
    Lt. Barnes said he met with the prosecutor on this issue, and the debate is whether a “No Soliciting” sign at the front of a community is representative of the sentiment of all homeowners in a community. Solicitations for products are regulated, whereas solicitations for monetary donations for charities are not. Persons or groups selling a product must have a permit, and homeowners are always encouraged to ask if the solicitor has a permit up front. Most of them do not.
    Another trend the police are seeing is that many product solicitors are from other communities or other parts of the state. They come to areas where they perceive homeowners have lots of money, and they will come in groups. Group members will be dropped off at a certain time, and told to meet back up at a pre-determined location later in the day. Meanwhile, the group members canvass neighborhoods to “sell” products and earn money.
    If a vendor cannot produce a valid permit, homeowners should call the Noblesville Police Department non-emergency number at 317.773.1300. This is a violation of city ordinance, and the police can enforce this. If enough homeowners call police for this sort of thing, the word will get out to solicitors to stay away from a particular community.
  • How can I file an overgrown lawn report?
    Noblesville residents may report properties with overgrown lawns, weeds, junk, and abandoned cars each summer. To learn more about the city law, go to www.cityofnoblesville.org/planning, click on “City Code” and find “City Code, Title IX – General Regulations, Chapter 93 – Nuisances".
    To report violators or for more information, contact Bryant Pedigo with the Noblesville Planning Department at bpedigo@noblesville.in.us or via telephone at 317.776.6325. In reports of violations, be sure to note the property address or location of the property and the nature of the violation (for example, overgrown grass, overgrown weeds, or junk).
  • Who is responsible for street tree maintenance?
    Per Noblesville Unified Planning Ordinance No. 17-4-98, trees shall be planted as a public improvement along any new subdivision street. The cost of street trees and installation shall be born by the developer. The spacing of the street trees shall be every 40 to 60 feet. The developer shall follow the other standards set forth in the Street Tree Ordinance of the City of Noblesville (Ordinance No. 17-4-98, as amended).
    Street trees installed per this ordinance will be maintained and replaced by the City of Noblesville Street Department. Concerns regarding tree trimming, tree replacement (for dead trees only), etc can be directed to Paul Lindeman, Noblesville City Arborist, by calling 317.776.6348.
    For more information about tree care and maintenance click here.
  • Who is responsible for snow removal in Deer Path?
    All streets in Deer Path are city streets, and thus are scheduled to be cleared by the City of Noblesville. This means that your property taxes, not your HOA dollars, pay for most of the snow removal in Deer Path.
    According to the official City of Noblesville website, Street Department crews work in 12 hour shifts, 7 days a week using as many as 28 snow plows and 18 salt spreaders if necessary.  Written guidelines are used for snow/ice removal starting with primary streets, then secondary streets, then alternate routes and cul-de-sacs.
    As a winter storm increases in length and severity, the proportion of roads that crews can effectively service decreases.  Guidelines list priority streets based on traffic volume and necessity to move emergency traffic through that area.
    Because the city gives last priority to circles and cul-de-sacs, the Deer Path HOA will sometimes hire a contractor for those areas of our community. Additionally, the HOA can have a contractor treat the entrances, eyebrows, and major intersections where treacherous if the city has been unable to get these areas in a reasonable amount of time. This is the snow removal item you see in the annual budget and is only meant to supplement  the City of Noblesville's Snow Plan.
    Homeowners need to be aware, however, that clearing streets does not mean they won’t get a ridge at the bottom of their driveway. That seems to be the biggest problem, that city crews cannot clear the end of each driveway when plowing. Additionally, cars parked on the street will hinder the city’s clearing of the streets. The Noblesville Street Department will not send their plows down a residential street where there are cars parked on both sides of the street. During or after a snowstorm homeowners are encouraged to minimize street parking to allow city crews to do a better job.
    Homeowners are also reminded that snow removal from their driveway, from the end of their driveway, sidewalk, and around their mailboxes is their responsibility as homeowners.  This is not something the city or the HOA will cover.
  • Who is responsible for mosquito spraying during the summer?
    Noblesville Street Department crews spray for mosquitoes when necessary through the summer months. Crews spray Monday through Friday between 7:00pm and 11:00pm, weather permitting. They make a continuous circuit of the city using two machines, following the same schedule as brush and trash collection. Crews cannot spray if it is raining or when the wind is more than 6 mph.
  • What should I do if I witness or become aware of fire hydrant tampering in Deer Path?
    During the summer months the Noblesville Fire Department would like your help to make sure that fire hydrants don't get used as a water source for fun in your neighborhood.
    Fire hydrants are not a substitute for the local pool or afternoon sprinkler fun. Fire hydrants serve as a vital role in fighting fires. They are a constant water source for the fire department, allowing us to maintain uninterrupted water application to a fire. Last summer the Noblesville Fire Department received an email from a concerned citizen stating someone had taken the front cap off a hydrant and were playing around with it. Without the caps in place, all types of debris can enter the hydrant causing damage to its internal mechanics.
    If a fire hydrant has been tampered with the fire department has no way of knowing until it's too late. Furthermore if a fire truck were to connect to a hydrant that has debris in it, that that debris can cause thousands of dollars in damage to the fire truck causing it to be out of service in a time when it is needed to help extinguish a fire.
    The Noblesville Fire Department asks for your help. If you notice any caps missing from a fire hydrant, anyone tampering with a hydrant or water coming from a hydrant please call 317.776.6336 to report it. They don't want to arrive at a fire and find the fire hydrant out of service because someone has damaged it.
    During the winter months, homeowners with fire hydrants in front of their homes are also asked to help keep the hydrants accessible and clear of snow. Any delay in the fire department's ability to locate or access a fire hydrant could mean additional loss of life and/or property. 
  • Who can we report dark or damaged street lights to?
    Deer Path contracts with Duke Energy for many of the street lights throughout the community. If you see or know of a street light that is dark, broken, or in need of repair you can report this directly to Duke Energy by calling toll-free 1-800-521-2232. Your name and address might be used as a reference on the service ticket, and repair crews often are dispatched within 24-48 hours of your call to Duke Energy.
    Other street lights, however, are owned and maintained by the HOA. If you contact Duke Energy and they cannot repair a light because it is owned by the HOA and not leased through the utility, you should then report the outage or repair issue to the property management company.
  • Who is responsible for repairing a dark or damaged yard light?
    According to the Deer Path CCRs, Section 6.24 Yard Lights, the builder shall supply and install on each lot a yard light in operable condition. The type, style, and manufacture of the light shall be approved by the Developer during the Development period, and thereafter by the Board of Directors. Once installed, the yard light shall be maintained in proper working order by the owner of each lot.
    It is each homeowner’s responsibility to keep the yard light in operation at all times.
    Some yard lights simply require a new light bulb; some just need the dusk-to-dawn sensor cleaned; while still others only need to have their GFI plug reset. If these quick cures don’t fix your lighting issue, you may need to contact a handyman or licensed electrician.
    The City of Noblesville also requires yard lights in proper working order. 
  • Who can we report loose dogs, nuisance barking, or other animal issues to?
    Noblesville City Ordinance 78-12-04 pertains to the care, control, and welfare of animals. This measure not only defines animal abandonment, animals at large, dangerous animals, and public nuisance; but also speaks to the enforcement of issues such as (1) hitching or tying; (2) animal vaccination; (3) removal of excrement; (4) animal sanitation and medical care; (5) animal restraint; (6) animal cruelty; (7) animal abandonment; (8) noisy dogs; (9) biting animals; (10) lost or stray animals; etc. For more information or to file a complaint you can contact Noblesville Animal Control by calling 317.776.6356. Additionally, you can contact Deputy Tom Rogers, Animal Control Coordinator directly by calling 317.776.4110.
  • Who is the approved mailbox vendor for Deer Path
    The approved mailbox vendor for Deer Path is Mailbox Solutions. If you need to repair or replace your mailbox, obtain address numbers for your mailbox, or have any other mailbox maintenance issue you can call them at 460-1010.
    Homeowners are reminded that per Deer Path CCR Section 6.23, "all mailboxes installed upon lots shall be uniform and shall be of a type, color, and manufacture approved by the Declarant during the Development period and, thereafter, by the Board of Directors of the Association."
  • Will the HOA help settle homeowner disputes?
    In general neither the Board of Directors or Kirkpatrick Management exist to mediate or settle disagreements between homeowners. However, as a community with a homeowners association there are rules and guidelines that all Deer Path homeowners must abide by to help ensure uniformity and harmony within the community.
    Covenant Issues or violations on a homeowner’s property/common area: If you have a violation to report you can contact a member of the Board of Directors, and we will address the matter if we can; if not we will forward the complaint on to Kirkpatrick Management, the property management company. 
    If the violation involves a city ordinance such as parking near a fire hydrant, abandoned or disabled vehicles, violation of a "No Parking" sign, etc. please call the Noblesville Police Department at 317.776.6340. Either a uniformed officer or a community service officer can assist.
    Issues found on private property: The Board of Directors and/or management company can't take any action on private property, other than for covenant violations. Instead, residents should call the police on these issues. Homeowners should ensure there is a safety or pressing legal issue to receive a timely response from the Noblesville Police Department. Any special considerations or questions can be emailed to the Board of Directors.
  • Where do we vote?
    On election day the new polling location for many Deer Path homeowners is Noblesville Fire Station 7 (15251 Olio Road; Noblesville, IN). 
    Homeowners who want to vote early or prior to election day should contact the Hamilton County Clerk's Office (1 Hamilton County Square; 317.776.9629) or visit their website for more information on absentee voting.

Other / Miscellaneous
  • What school district is Deer Path located in?
    Many Deer Path homeowners are located within the Hamilton Southeastern School District. Specific schools within the district include Durbin Elementary, Fall Creek Intermediate, Hamilton Southeastern Junior High, and Hamilton Southeastern High School. Some homeowners, however, are part of the district for Thorpe Creek Elementary, Sand Creek Intermediate, Fishers Junior High, and Fishers High School. For more specific information on area school districts, please visit the following website: http://www.hse.k12.in.us/maps.htm
  • Who Are My State Legislators?
    Deer Path homeowners are located in Senate District 20, and House District 29.  Please check online at https://indianavoters.in.gov to find out who your elected officials are.
  • Who are my U.S. Congressional Representatives?
  • How can I learn more about area construction?
    For more information on road construction projects that impact the Deer Path community, to include timetables, project funding, and project completion, please visit the Noblesville Engineering Department website.